A new feature of the conference this year was a track specifically designated for the themes of influence and leadership. There were six sessions within this track and they were designed to help attendees establish and develop a vision for personal leadership, create and implement a plan to set and accomplish goals, and to provide tools and resources for personal and organizational development and growth. Sessions for this inaugural leadership track of sessions were the following:
- Leadership 101 (Know Yourself)
- Some Secrets of Personal Leadership
- Leading in Continuing Education: A Panel of Experts
- Susan Elkins, Rick Osborn, Rick Van Horn
- Making 2017 the Year of "You"
- Vicki Berling, Debbie Poweleit
- Becoming a Great Leader: Emotional Intelligence Competencies
- Julie Shankle, Andrea Morley
- Communication W.O.R.C.S.
Individuals who attended at least four of the six leadership sessions received a certificate of achievement and designated as an ACHE South Influencer. Feedback on this new track for the conference was very positive, and it is possible that this will be an ongoing feature of ACHE South conferences.