Participation on committees are opportunities for members to develop and acquire skills, create a network of colleagues, and carry on the work of the South region. Get involved! Contact Debbie Poweleit at email@example.com to sign up.
The Awards committee accepts and reviews all nominations for awards, grants, and scholarships to be awarded at the annual South conference.
- Dan Connell, Morehead State University
- Laura Ricke, Western Kentucky University
- Joseph Allen, University of Georgia
- Marilyn Read, Delta State University
- Shane Santana, Florida Tech
History and Traditions
This committee maintains and develops region history including all permanent records of the region. The committee also maintains a record of regional traditions relative to protocol, organization, and procedures.
- Julie Shankle, Florida Tech
Long Range Planning
The Long Range Planning committee recommends goals and objectives for consideration by the Executive Committee. The committee is responsible for continuous review of previously established goals and objectives.
This committee consists of representatives from each state who will work on increasing the membership of the South Region including attendance at the annual regional conference.
- Debbie Poweleit
- Alabama: OPEN
- Arkansas: OPEN
- Florida: Sam Porter, Florida Tech
- Georgia: Joseph Allen, University of Georgia
- Kentucky: Slone Cansler, Murray State University
- Louisiana: OPEN
- Mississippi: OPEN
- South Carolina: OPEN
- Tennessee: Amy Johnson, Tennessee State University
- Texas: OPEN
- Caribbean: OPEN
- Puerto Rico: OPEN
- Jamaica: OPEN
Web Content Committee
This committee shall maintain the ACHE South website and social media with up-to-date and pertinent content related to ACHE South membership, news, and conferences.
- Jessica Applewhite, Florida Tech
- David Wood, Stetson University